Introduction to Motivational Interviewing
This introductory course teaches the fundamentals of Motivational Interviewing for use in person-centred counselling.
Motivational Interviewing is a guiding style of communication that uses the principles and practices of person-centred counselling to evoke a conversation with a person about their personal motivation for change.
This workshop includes a presentation, group discussion and interactive group activities.
- Understand the principles underpinning Motivational Interviewing
- Learn about the spirit of Motivational Interviewing
- Understand motivation and ambivalence and explore the stages of change
- Explore the strategy of Change Talk
- Gain an introductory understanding of O.A.R.S and Applied applications of Motivational Interviewing
- Develop self-care strategies and understand its benefits
Who is this for?
Anyone interested in exploring the techniques of Motivational Interviewing, including:
- Mental Health Workers
- Mental Health Peer Workers
- Community Service Workers
- Allied Health Professionals
- Employment Sector Workers
This course, and all of Mental Health Coordinating Council’s professional development training, can be tailor-made to your workforce and delivered at your workplace. Contact us to find out more email@example.com