Mental Health Coordinating Council is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Learning and Development team. The trainer role delivers Mental Health and Mental Health Peer Work training and assessment services to a wide range of participants. This role is 22-38 hours per week depending on the availability of the preferred candidate. MHCC offers a variety of Professional Development across Mental Health specific topics and accredited Certificate qualifications in Mental Health. A full list of the training offered by MHCC can be found via our Training section.
The Mental Health Trainer and Assessor is responsible for:
- Planning, preparation and delivery of accredited courses and professional development training
- Assessment marking and validation processes for accredited courses
- Assisting in development and review of training and assessment materials and strategies
MHCC is seeking an individual who has demonstrated experience in delivering training to adult learners, with current community mental health industry experience and knowledge of trauma-informed recovery-oriented principles.
If this sounds like you then apply today by sending your resume and a statement addressing the selection criteria below.
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment (TAE40116 or equivalent)
- Certificate IV in Mental Health or Certificate IV in Mental Health Peer Work (or willingness to obtain)
- Experience training in a vocational environment utilising an engaging and “think on your feet” training delivery style and applying adult learning principles
- Current industry work experience in the community mental health sector
- Demonstrated commitment to maintaining professional and industry currency
- Based in Sydney with willingness to travel within NSW and interstate as required
Desirable, but not essential
- Lived experience of mental health and direct experience in the provision of peer work will be highly regarded
- Sound knowledge of the VET Quality Framework and how it is applied to training delivery and assessment
- Current NSW drivers’ licence
- Demonstrated experience in development and review of training materials for both face to face and virtual training delivery methods
- Delivery of virtual training
About our Benefits
- Salary packaging options to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free meaning more take-home pay!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Working alongside professional and dedicated team members all wanting to make a difference in our communities
If excited by the information above, we look forward to receiving your application, including your resume and cover letter expressing your interest and suitability for the role.
- MHCC requires all applicants to be ‘up to date’ with their vaccination status for COVID-19. This is a condition of employment.
- Remuneration is commensurate with experience.
- Successful candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment Criminal History Checks as a condition of employment.
- Applications that do not address selection criteria will not be considered.
- Full job description available below
Applications and enquires regarding the position should be addressed to LD Manager Michelle Hoomans via email@example.com, using the subject line: Mental Health Peer Work Trainer and Assessor.
View full job description
We promote diversity and practice equity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from different cultural backgrounds, LGBTQIA+SB people and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.