Mental Health Coordinating Council brings together a diverse group of people with strong skill sets to support and advocate for community based mental health services in New South Wales.
Our values are integrity, collaboration, leadership and impact.
Together with our members, we are shaping the future of community mental health for all people in NSW.
MHCC is looking for a highly motivated individual with a Lived Experience of Mental Health to deliver training and assessment services to a wide range of participants. This role is 30-38 hours per week depending on the availability of the preferred candidate. MHCC offers a variety of Professional Development courses across Mental Health specific topics and accredited Certificate qualifications in mental health. A full list of the training offered by MHCC can be found on our Training page.
The Mental Health Trainer and Assessor is responsible for:
• Planning, preparation and delivery of accredited courses and professional development training
• Assessment marking and validation processes for accredited courses
• Assisting in development and review of training and assessment materials and strategies
MHCC is seeking an individual who has demonstrated experience in delivering training to adult learners, with current community mental health industry experience, knowledge of trauma-informed recovery-oriented principles and utilising their recovery journey.
If this sounds like you then apply today by sending your resume and a statement addressing the selection criteria below.
• Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment (TAE40110 or TAE40116)
• Certificate IV in Mental Health or Certificate IV in Mental Health Peer Work (or willingness to obtain)
• Lived experience of Mental Health and direct experience in the provision of peer work
• Experience training in a vocational environment utilising an engaging training delivery and “think on your feet” style and applying adult learning principles.
• Current industry work experience in the Mental Health sector
• Demonstrated commitment to maintaining professional and industry currency
• Sound knowledge of the VET Quality Framework and how it is applied to training delivery and assessment
• Current NSW drivers licence and willingness to travel within NSW and interstate as required
• Demonstrated experience in development and review of training materials for both face to face and virtual training delivery methods
• Delivery of virtual training
Salary packaging options to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free meaning more take-home pay!
Working alongside professional and dedicated team members all wanting to make a difference in our communities.
If excited by the information above, we look forward to receiving your application, including your resume and cover letter expressing your interest and suitability for the role. MHCC requires all applicants to be ‘Up to date’ with their vaccination status for COVID-19. This is a condition of employment. MHCC may contact suitable candidates prior to the application close date. Remuneration is commensurate with experience. Successful candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment Criminal History Checks as a condition of employment.
Applications close Friday 2nd September 2022
Applications that do not address selection criteria will not be considered.
Any enquires regarding the position should be addressed to Sally Dumbrell email email@example.com.
We promote diversity and practice equity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from different cultural backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ people and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.