Back to Events
National NDIS and Psychosocial Disability Quality and Safety Forum – Online or In-person
29 April 2021 — 9:30am
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT HAS NOW CLOSED
Welcome to the national NDIS and Psychosocial Disability Quality and Safety Forum. This event is part of the Embracing Change Project, from the Mental Health Coordinating Council.
The Forum is designed to showcase a national perspective on NDIS psychosocial disability Quality and Safeguarding issues at the intersection of Mental Health and Disability.
The event will be broadcast live online with participants joining virtually from across Australia and in-person in Sydney on 29 April 2021, 9.30am – 2pm (AEST).
Discover more about
- NDIS participants’ perspectives on psychosocial disability service quality
- Future directions for NDIS psychosocial disability sector quality and safety
- Perspectives on Quality Management Systems for NDIS psychosocial disability service providers
- Inclusive governance and how it is implemented by NDIS psychosocial disability service providers
- A Human Rights approach to Restrictive Practices in a psychosocial disability context
- Global implementation of a Quality Rights frameworks in the psychosocial disability context
Who should attend?
Anyone interested in learning about psychosocial disability quality and safety in the NDIS, including:
- NDIS psychosocial disability service providers,
- NDIS participants with a psychosocial disability and their supporters,
- Community services and NDIS service providers interested in learning more about psychosocial disability.
About the Speakers
We are thrilled to share the first exciting group of Speakers already locked in:
- Graeme Head, NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commissioner
- Dr Jeffrey Chan, National Senior Practitioner NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission
- Dr Michelle Funk, Coordinator, Mental Health Policy and Service Development, World Health Organisation
- Debra Hamilton, PhD Candidate, Mental Health Researcher: Lived Experience
More speakers and details will be shared closer to the date, including a full event program.
Find out more
If you have any enquiries about the National Forum or registration, please contact the Embracing Change Project Officer or call 02 9060 9627.
Embracing change webinars
Catch up on all of the webinars produced so far as part of the Embracing Change Project.
WATCH THE WEBINARS