Introduction to Motivational Interviewing
This online introductory course teaches the fundamentals of Motivational Interviewing for use in person-centred counselling.
Motivational Interviewing is a guiding style of communication that uses the principles and practices of person-centred counselling to evoke a conversation with a person about their personal motivation for change.
What you will learn
- The principles underpinning Motivational Interviewing
- What is the spirit of Motivational Interviewing
- An understanding of motivation and ambivalence and exploring the stages of change
- Exploring Change Talk
- Introductions to O.A.R.S and Applied applications of Motivational Interviewing
- Introduction to self-care, and it’s benefits
Who is this for
Anyone interested in exploring the techniques of Motivational Interviewing, including:
- Mental Health Workers
- Mental Health Peer Workers
- Community Service Workers
- Allied Health Professionals
- Employment Sector Workers
This online workshop is delivered via E-Learning (Zoom) and includes didactic presentation, group discussion and interactive group activities.