Certificate IV in Mental Health – Fast Track (CHC43315)
The Fast Track option allows workers with at least two years’ professional experience to complete the Certificate IV in Mental Health (CHC43315) qualification in just six face-to-face training days. It draws on, on-the-job experience to consolidate and build workers skills. Because of the small time commitment, it is a great opportunity for existing workers looking to get qualified and continue to improve their practice.
Certificate IV in Mental Health (CHC43315) has been endorsed as a voluntary entry-level qualification by the community mental health sector. It provides an opportunity for participants to build upon their on-the-job experience and receive a nationally recognised qualification in mental health.
Underpinned by the philosophy of recovery oriented practice, this course aims to build understanding and practical skills in working with people with mental health problems.
What you will learn
Our courses are delivered by experienced Mental Health workers. Through a blend of theory, practical coursework, and discussions with other support workers you will learn about:
- Working with people with mental health and alcohol & other drug issues
- Working with Aboriginal people
- Recovery approaches and working with care network and other services
- Trauma-Informed Care
- Understanding & responding to suicide
- Understand the interrelationship between medical, social, and psychological health
- Working legally and ethically
- Develop your critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills.
“I had a great training experience – the trainers were excellent.” – course participant
Who should enrol?
- Support Workers
- Team Leaders
- Frontline Managers
- Other staff who provide services to people with mental health conditions as part of their day to day work