Recovery Oriented Service Self-Assessment Toolkit - ROSSAT
The Mental Health Coordinating Council (MHCC) and Being | Mental Health & Wellbeing Consumer Advisory Group (CAG) have worked in partnership with people affected by mental health problems and service providers to develop a recovery oriented service provision quality improvement resource for mental health services.
The Recovery Oriented Service Self-Assessment Toolkit (ROSSAT) has been designed to assist organisations and workers to:
- Assess their level of recovery oriented service provision
- Reflect on both individual and organisational practice in relation to recovery oriented service provision
- Identify and work on areas requiring improved practice in the delivery of recovery oriented services.
MHCC provides a consultancy service to help organisations improve recovery oriented practice.
Organisations will be offered the opportunity to have a ROSSAT Assessment undertaken to determine their current level of recovery oriented service provision. The ROSSAT Assessment will be conducted onsite by a ROSSAT Consultant skilled in recovery oriented practice and organisational systems.
2.Recommendations & Planning
Organisations will receive a tailored Assessment Report designed to guide them through the development of a comprehensive action plan to enhance recovery oriented service provision at both individual practice and systems levels.
The ROSSAT Consultant is available to support organisations to implement policy, practice and systems changes in line with identified areas for development in recovery orientated approaches.
For more information about the ROSSAT Consultancy or ROSSAT tools contact:
MHCC on 02 9555 8388 or email: ROSSAT@mhcc.org.au
ROSSAT Version 2 Tools and information are now available.
ROSSAT V2 is a psychometrically validated revision of the original ROSSAT Toolkit. It is comprised of four documents: The User Guide, the Tool for Workers (T4W). the Tool for Organisations (T4O) and the Cross Reference to the NSMHS.
ROSSAT User Resources
- User Guide
- Cross References of ROSSAT Tool for Organisations against the National Standards for Mental Health
- Literature Review
- ROSSAT v2 Revision Report (Coming soon)
Other ROSSAT Documents
- Mental Health Coordinating Council (2014) ROSSAT Implementation Project Report: Psychometrics and Validation June 2014 (Coming soon - contact us for more information)
- Mental Health Coordinating Council (2013) ROSSAT Implementation Project: Literature Review March 2013
- Original report on development of ROSSAT:
NSW Consumer Advisory Group - Mental Health Inc. and Mental Health Coordinating Council (2011). Recovery Oriented Service Self Assessment Toolkit (ROSSAT) Version 1: A Recovery Oriented Service Provision Quality Improvement Resource for Mental Health Services
- NSW Consumer Advisory Group – Mental Health Inc. and Mental Health Coordinating Council (2009). Literature Review on Recovery: Developing a Recovery Oriented Service Provider Resource for Community Mental Health Organisations
This ROSSAT Development project involved five key components:
- A Literature Review regarding recovery and recovery oriented service provision
- Consultations with consumers, carers and service providers from community managed mental health services
- The development of the ROSSAT Tool for Workers (T4W) and the Tool for Organisations (T4O)
- A trial of the ROSSAT tools within mental health services.
- Cross reference of the ROSSAT Tool for Organisations with the National Standards for Mental Health Services (2010)
Psychometrics and Validation Project
The second stage of ROSSAT involved the validation of the tools and an investigation into its usability over a six-month period in preparation for in depth testing of the tool's psychometric properties.