Working with and developing the sector
The information which follows tells you more about MHCC's past and current directions for sector development.
The traditional domain of a peak body is policy and advocacy for sector reform. However, from 2000 MHCC began to pursue an innovative strategic direction related to sector development and capacity building. This journey began with a sector mapping activity which has since been repeated in 2010. (ie, Sector Mapping Project) and extended upon in 2013 (Sector Benchmarking Project).
Recent sector development directions relate to partnership development, data management, quality and outcomes, research and development, and the strengthening of psychosocial rehabilitation and recovery support practice. Links to some of these activities, other than the sector mapping and sector benchmarking work described elsewhere, are below:
- Meet Your Neighbour
- Data Management Strategy
- Recovery Oriented Service Self-assessment Toolkit (ROSSAT)
- Trauma Informed Care and Practice Toolkit (TICPOT)
- MHCC Organisation Builder (MOB) Policy Resource
- Psychological Injury Management (PIM) Guide
- Practice Placements
- Community Mental Health Drug & Alcohol Research Network (CMHDARN)
- Quality and Outcome Measurement
- Accreditation for CMOs
- National Minimum Data Set
- National Outcome Measurement Project
Major milestones in our journey of sector development are:
- NSW Mental Health NGO Development Strategy 2004-2007 especially in regard to pursuing directions related to workforce development and implementation of outcome measurement processes.
- Infrastructure Grants Program
- Mental Health and Drug and Alcohol Research Grants Program.