Mental Health Connect
Professional Development Series
Do you feel confident to respond to people with mental health conditions?
Mental Health CONNECT is unlike any other mental health training. Learn from trainers who are 'experts by experience' as they share their own recovery journey.
This unique two day workshop enables workers in community services to gain essential skills for assisting people with mental health conditions to maintain hope and overcome barriers to their recovery.
Focus on the real experiences of people with mental health conditions and help people to reconnect with their community. Because mental health is "everybody's business".
Who is this for?
This training is for workers who support people to CONNECT to:
- Work or study
- Social activities, friends or family support
- Financial security
- Physical health
- Advocacy and legal services
- Information, support and self-help
- Do you work in a community or residential aged care service? Mental Health CONNECT Aged Care is unique mental health training which brings together knowledge from aged care, mental health and people who have personal experience of mental health conditions
Professional Development Course Fee
What others have said about this course
"Finally, I got answers to questions I had about mental health!"
"The staff still say it was an excellent course and are using the knowledge they learnt to shape the way they work with and talk about mental illness."
"Great materials, great stories, and a very professional team."
Click the following for more information
This qualification requires attendance at 2 full-day face-to-face training sessions on consecutive days.*
Statement of Participation
A statement of participation will be granted upon satisfactory attendance of the required training sessions.
*Subject to change. Training requirements will be confirmed upon enrolment. Mental Health Connect is also available in a one day format on request.
- Develop skills to CONNECT and communicate with someone experiencing mental distress
- Explore different understandings of mental 'illness'
- Hear real-life experiences of mental 'illness' and recovery
- Understand what can impact on wellbeing, mental health and recovery
- Recognise the impact of trauma
- Gain new insights on duty of care and risk
- CONNECT with services that support recovery
- Support a person's self-directed recovery goals
Units of Competency
This course has no accredited units of competency.
Meet the Trainers
Mental Health Connect workshops are delivered using a two trainer model. Advertised trainers may be subject to change.
- Allison Kokany
- Bradley Foxlewin
- Cate Steere
- Deborah Green
- Eileen McDonald
- Emi Golding
- Emma McTaggart
- Lisa Thorpy
- Lorna Downes
- Pedro Dias
- Roslyn (Ros) Singleton