Professional Development Series
Introductory offer: $297 ($232 MHCC Members)
- Sydney 1-2 March 2018
Helping people you support to understand and manage their medication
Who is this for?
This course is for frontline mental health support workers, occupational therapists, social workers and community members who support people that use medication as part of their recovery plan.
Professional Development Course Fee
What others have said about this course
Click the following for more information
Participation requires attendance at 2 full-day face-to-face training session.
Statement of Participation
A statement of participation will be granted upon satisfactory attendance of the required training session.
Successfully complete the assessment component to attain the nationally recognised unit of study (HLTHPS006 Assist clients with medication) towards the completion of Certificate IV in Mental Health.
- Understand how medication aligns with the recovery framework
- Appreciate individual choice and the role medication can play in recovery
- Explore attitudes and beliefs about medication
- Learn about commonly prescribed medication storage, administration and side-effects
- Demonstrate the skills to follow policies, procedures and regulatory requirements for assisting with medication administration and side-effect
- Explore strategies for managing emergencies
- Discuss strategies for effectively communicating with people about medication
Units of Competency
Successful completion of this course can contribute towards the completion of Certificate IV in Mental Health or Certificate IV in Mental Health Peer Work (nationally recognised unit of competency - HLTHPS006 Assist clients with medication).
Meet the Trainers
All our training is delivered by qualified experienced trainers.
Meet them here