Mental Health Connect Aged Care
Professional Development Series
Did you know 10-15% of older people living in the community and up to 50% of older people living in residential aged care experience depression?*
*(Ostling & Skoog, 2002).
Are your staff prepared to support older people who experience mental health conditions?
Mental Health CONNECT Aged Care is unique mental health training which brings together knowledge from aged care, mental health and people who have personal experience of mental health conditions.
This comprehensive one-day workshop enables workers in community and residential aged care services to gain confidence and skills to assist older people with mental health conditions.
Who is this for?
This training is for community and residential aged care staff and volunteers.
Professional Development Course Fee
What others have said about this course
Click the following for more information
This qualification requires attendance at one full-day face-to-face training session.
Statement of Participation
A statement of participation will be granted upon satisfactory attendance of the required training sessions.
- Learn about real-life experiences of mental 'illness' and recovery
- Understand the impact of age-related changes, losses and health problems on mental health
- Develop skills to CONNECT and communicate with older people experiencing mental distress
- Recognise the impact of trauma on older people
- Gain new insights on duty of care and risk
- Enhance your existing skills in aged care to support mental health
- Support older people to 'remain in control'
Units of Competency
This course has no accredited units of competency.