Motivational Interviewing - Consolidating Practice
Professional Development Series - Master Class
Transferring motivational interviewing theory into practice is a process rather than a single event.
This highly practical one day master class builds on the foundations introduced in the two-day motivational interviewing workshop. Deepen your understanding and put motivational interviewing theory into practice within mental health and other service settings.
Who is this for?
Workers wishing to build on a foundation of Motivational Interviewing theory across the following service areas:
- Mental health
- AOD workers
- Employment sector workers
- Community services workers
To register for this master class, participants must have:
- Attended MHCC Motivational Interviewing workshop, or
- Attended similar training in the past 12 months, or
- Relevant workplace experience in using Motivational Interviewing techniques
What others have said about this course
"Alison was so familiar with her topic that you're learning skills without being aware of it - almost like osmosis - You are allowed to absorb, your resistance to new ideas is met with acceptance thus facilitating learning."
Click the following for more information
This qualification requires attendance at 1 full-day face-to-face training session.*
Statement of Participation
A statement of participation will be granted upon satisfactory attendance of the required training sessions.
*Subject to change. Training requirements will be confirmed upon enrolment.
Develop skills practice in the following:
- The spirit and process of motivational interviewing
- The application of motivational interviewing in mental health and other contexts
- Mastering the language of change - shifting from 'sustain talk' to 'change talk'
- Motivational interviewing in the planning phase
- Motivational interviewing and the maintenance of change
- Developing strategies for continuing development of skilful practice