Allison Kokany is an independent mental health consumer consultant with extensive experience in systemic advocacy at a state and national level, as well as individual support and advocacy as a consumer consultant in psychiatric hospitals. Allison was chairperson of the NSW Consumer Advisory Group (NSW CAG) for 6 years.
She currently holds the following positions:
- Official Visitor
- Deputy Chair of Health Consumers NSW
- Member of the National Register for Mental Health Consumers and Carers
- NSW Consumer representative on the National Mental Health Consumer and Carer Forum (NMHCCF).
- Consumer representative on the National Standards for Mental Health Services Implementation Steering Committee.
- Consumer representative on the Forensic Mental Health Information Development Expert Advisory Panel (FMHIDEAP)
- Consumer representative on the National Scoping Study on the Implementation of National Standards for Mental Health Services Project Advisory Group
- Consumer representative proxy on the Safety Quality Partnerships' Standing Committee
Consumer representative on The Mental Health Services (TheMHS) Conference Organising Committee