Community Managed Mental Health Programs
The community managed mental health sector provides a wide range of programs and services. The following are some of the key programs funded by Commonwealth and State Governments and provided by community managed organisations (CMOs).
Note: Referrals systems differ across programs and providers and most accept third party and self-referral.
NSW Ministry of Health
The Housing and Accommodation Support Initiative (HASI)
- Housing linked to treatment and psychosocial rehabilitation services
- Tailored for people with a range of psychosocial disabilities.
Recovery and Resource Services Program (RRSP)
- Establishing community links
- Transition to independent living and employment
Family and Carer Mental Health Support Program
- Education, training and peer support
- Individual support and advocacy services
Commonwealth Department of Health
Partners in Recovery (PIR)
- Short-term service coordination for adults with 'severe and enduring mental illness'
- Systems change and reform
Day to Day Living (D2DL)
- Structured activity programs to support independent living
- Access to social and educational activities
- Youth specific mental health service
- Holistic on-site support
Commonwealth Department of Social Services
The Personal Helpers and Mentors Service (PHaMs)
- community integration support
- connection to leisure & vocational services
Mental Health Respite: Carer Support
- Relief from the caring role and carer support
- Education, and information for carers
- disability employment support
- assisting people into employment