Work with MHCC
Certificate IV Mental Health Trainer and Assessor - Part-time
The Mental Health Coordinating Council (MHCC) is the peak body for non-government mental health community-managed organisations (CMOs) across New South Wales (NSW). MHCC advocates recovery oriented and trauma informed practice and works closely with its members and other stakeholders to build capacity and improve mental health service delivery to people with lived experience of mental health conditions, their families and carers in NSW. MHCC is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) providing accredited and non-accredited courses and professional development to community sector workers and other stakeholders.
About the role
As a Mental Health Trainer and Assessor you will play a crucial part in the Learning and Development (LD) team with the task of delivering training and undertaking assessments for a wide range of participants. Your position will involve planning, preparation and delivery of accredited courses and professional development training as well as the development and review of training and assessment strategies and materials.
MHCC is seeking experienced trainers in Certificate IV Mental Health with current industry experience and knowledge and understanding of Recovery Oriented and Trauma Informed Care approaches. If this sounds like you please apply by sending your resume and a statement addressing the key selection criteria provided below.
Key Selection Criteria
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment (TAE40110)
- Certificate IV in Mental Health
- Experience training in a vocational environment
- Current industry work experience in the Mental Health sector
- Sound knowledge of the VET Quality Framework and how it is applied to training delivery and assessment
- Demonstrated commitment to maintaining professional and industry currency
- Current NSW drivers licence and willingness to travel within NSW and interstate as required
- Knowledge and experience in at least one of the below areas:
- Supported Decision Making
- Cognitive Functioning
- Trauma Informed Care and Practice
- Demonstrated experience in development and review of training materials
Enquires and application including resume and cover letter addressing the Criteria outlined above are to be addressed to Erika Hewitt email email@example.com
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from different cultural backgrounds. LGTBQI people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply