Work with MHCC
Treasurer: Volunteer Board Member
The Mental Health Coordinating Council (MHCC) is the Peak body for organisations providing community mental health services throughout NSW. MHCCs purpose is to lead and support a strong, dynamic and sustainable community-managed mental health sector that provides effective health, psychosocial and wellbeing services and programs to the people of NSW. MHCC is also a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) delivering mental health and management training along with professional development to workers within the community mental health and human services sectors.
MHCC was formed in 1983 and incorporated in 1986. The Board acts as the overarching governing body, ensuring MHCC remains viable and focused on its' strategic directions. MHCC has a CEO who oversees the day to day running of the organisation of 20 internal staff.
MHCC has four key priority areas:
- Policy Leadership, Influence and Reform
- Sector Development
- Research & Development
- MHCC Sustainability and Effectiveness
About the Role
MHCCs constitution allows for 7-9 elected Board Members and up to 2 appointed Board Members. MHCC are seeking to appoint a Board Member with significant financial experience and an interest in Mental Health to take on the position of Treasurer. The position is an unpaid voluntary position.
The Treasurer works with the Chair, Board Members, CEO and Finance Officer to ensure preparation and presentation of financial statements and endorsement prior to their submission to the membership at the AGM as required under the Act.
Requirements of the Role:
- Attend Finance and Audit Sub-committee meetings followed by the Board Meeting every 6-8 weeks.
- Maintain knowledge of and support MHCCs goals and objectives
- Work to ensure the financial sustainability of MHCC
- Understand financial management and accounting for not for profit organisations
- Take a proactive role as a Board Member
- Chair the Finance and Audit Sub-committee meeting and report back to the Board
- Work with the Finance Officer and CEO to ensure our accounts are audited in a timely fashion for submission to funders and the Annual General Meeting of MHCC members. The Treasurer presents a report to the AGM.
- Liaise with the Finance Officer via the CEO. The Finance Officer is a paid 3 day a week role responsible for maintaining MHCC Finances through MYOB.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual budget
Term of Role:
The appointment will commence immediately and cease at the end of the year with a possibility for re-appointment for 2018.
Enquires and application including resume and cover letter addressing your interest in the work of MHCC and how your experiences will benefit the MHCC Board are to be addressed to Erika Hewitt email firstname.lastname@example.org