Certificate IV in Mental Health – Fast Track
The Fast Track option allows workers with at least two years’ professional experience to complete the Certificate IV in Mental Health (CHC43315) qualification in just six face-to-face training days.
The course draws on previous work experience to consolidate and build workers skills.
Because of the small time commitment, this is a great opportunity for existing workers looking to gain qualifications and continue to improve their practice.
Certificate IV in Mental Health has been endorsed as a voluntary entry-level qualification by the community mental health sector.
The training provides an opportunity for participants to build on their on-the-job experience and receive a nationally recognised qualification in mental health.
Underpinned by the philosophy of recovery oriented practice, this course aims to build understanding and practical skills in working with people with mental health problems.
What you will learn
Through a blend of theory, practical course work, and discussions the course covers:
- Working with people with mental health and alcohol and other drug issues
- Working with Aboriginal People
- Recovery approaches and working with care networks and other services
- Trauma-Informed Care
- Understanding and responding to suicide
- Understand the interrelationship between medical, social, and psychological health
- Working legally and ethically
- Develop your critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills.
“I had a great training experience – the trainers were excellent,” Course participant
Who should enrol?
- Support Workers
- Team Leaders
- Frontline Managers
- Other staff who provide services to people with mental health conditions as part of their day to day work